Friday, October 22, 2010

New

This is what unpacking looks like. But I'm proud to report that I am making a dent in it.

It's kinda crazy how hard it is for me to deal with "new." As much as I love new, countries, places, people, adventures, opportunities (I bet you get the point) I'm shy.

Yep. I'm shy. Right now I'm sitting in my room writing a long overdue blog update instead of meeting new people.

Now don't get me wrong, it's great to know all of you are reading my blog, and it's cool to be part of your lives.. or more you a part of mine. But that is really no reason to not meet new people and enjoy new lives.

And it's just because I'm scared. I'm not as "go-getter" as some people think, and for sure, if you think I'm brave, rethink. I'm not.

But the reason that I bring this all up isn't to down grade myself. I will get courage soon and I will go talk to those people. But because I wanted to point out something about love.

I've read, reread, and then read again 2 Corinthians 4-6. I just couldn't find what I knew my heart was looking for. I just couldn't figure out what I was to learn. Then something stood out to me: "So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." (4:18)

The reason I am who I am, a girl who travels to random countries, many times by herself...a photojournalist who asks lots of questions...a connector who longs to see other's visions of advancing the Kingdom of Heaven come to light... is not because I'm a "go-getter."

It's because long ago, my parents introduced me to Love: Jesus. They showed me that loving those who Jesus died for was more important than anything. Doing that--loving--is fixing my eyes on what is unseen.

No matter where you are, no matter your personality, people are what will last forever. So in the midst of my "new" the call is the same. Letting love overcome. These people are worth getting to know. And you never know, maybe someday I'll get to write their stories. Now that would be pretty darn amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment