Thursday, May 6, 2010

prayer




Today is Thursday May 6, 2010.

I don't really know how today will be remembered for the rest of time.

But I do know what I'm thinking about today.

Today is the United States of America's National Day of Prayer.

Prayer is such a funny thing. It's something that can be banished, yet it's freedoms can't be denied. Prayer can't lose power, yet it's power can remain unclaimed.

Today is a day for God's people to come together to pray.

I know there are threats to the freedom of prayer, be there are also still promises. And there is still power. Pray for America, pray for the world. And then make those prayers action, go and change the world. There is power in prayer.

"If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land." 2 Chronicles 7:14

No comments:

Post a Comment