Monday, April 26, 2010

Greatness

My God showing off His abilities to make beauty. Pretty darn cool.

I've been thinking a lot about greatness lately.

It's one of those things I do. Think, that is. [not always in the moment, but most assuredly in hindsight.]

Over the last couple of days I've been counting the number of people I know who are greatness in real life. It's one of those tasks that can be hard or easy, just depending on your view of life or the circumstances you find surrounding you. Thankfully, I didn't have a hard time coming up with a list.

Greatness is my dad. Really, you don't have to look too hard to realize it. He loves people, he desires to make others successful. And he's wise. Really wise.

And my best friend Kristen. She is greatness. She abounds with life. She runs toward challenges not from them. She has the most incredible patient faith.

Greatness was my team in Hualien. I could not have asked for 3 more amazing people to live and serve with. Hearts wide open, love pouring from the deepest love for Jesus. Hardships conquered with prayer. Complete trust to let Jesus break their hearts, just so He could heal them.

My friend Tabitha in Nepal, told me that it was okay if God never gave her her greatest dream. Because she really wanted to love her people, in her country, the people right around her. She said that it doesn't matter if she makes bad grades because she won't worship the Hindu gods at her school, her God is more important. She is greatness.

I have more I could list. But there is one that I really want to talk about. It's called LOVE146.

My friend Caleb told me about LOVE146 last July, and I've been excited about it ever since.

LOVE146 is greatness.

An organization that is fighting for the end of child sex slavery and exploitation around the world, LOVE146 is providing safe environments for children who have been rescued from slavery, prompting networking to prevent future exploitation and providing great research to abolish slavery world wide.

Human trafficking has become a great passion of mine. I know that I've not been a huge advocate of it, but all of my past theory posts and the Asia January gallery is all about abolishing human trafficking. It's hard for me to share my heart with the world at large, but after thinking about this I had to get the courage to actually *talk* about what God has given me a passion for.

So here is the talk. In the months of May and June, LOVE146 is doing a campaign to raise money to add to their already strong efforts against sex slavery and exploitation. It's called TREAD ON TRAFFICKING the goal is for as many people as able to take the next couple of months to get back into shape after winter (around where I live, it was one loooong one) while raising money to stop human trafficking. I am participating in this quest, and I'm giving you an opportunity to participate too.

Here's what you can do:
I need people to sponsor the miles that I will be running. It doesn't matter how much you can give. If it's a penny a mile or a dollar a mile, everything counts and is worth it.

If you are interested, you can send me an email at gracymiller@gmail.com or leave a comment.

My friends this is your chance to make a difference. Human trafficking is the number one crime in the world. It's estimated 27million people are bound in slavery. LOVE146 is helping to change that. And we can help them.

This world needs people who are greatness. Time after time I've walked right past the opportunities to be just that. I don't want to do it this time.

'lana


No comments:

Post a Comment